March is coming to a close and I am currently on my way home for break! (This post was scheduled in advance, I’m not blogging and driving!). I’ve been listening to this playlist all month, especially when I go for a drive.
Mr. Rodriguez | Rayland Baxter
– I love the beat and the lyrics of this song. I remember hearing this for the first time and being hooked on the first verse.
Puzzle Pieces | Saint Motel
– The heavy piano is like candy to me. As a piano player, I love hearing music that suits my tastes and also features a piano melody. It’s a nice switch-up from the guitar/synth leads.
Take It or Leave It | Cage The Elephant
– I only knew a couple of songs by Cage The Elephant before listening to this song (cue Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked) but I knew that it was Cage The Elephant immediately when I heard this song. It had Matt Shultz written all over it.
Half About Being A Woman | Caroline Smith
– This is probably my favorite song on this list, for all sorts of reasons. It’s about the duality of women’s emotions and the lyrics are so beautifully written. In the description for the song, this is written: “The other side of strength. As women, we have this wonderfully complicated duality in us – sometimes we feel strong, and sometimes we feel weak. We often resent our vulnerabilities, but have to face them in order to move on and shamelessly accept ourselves. This is what being a woman is all about.”
Next Year – RAC Remix | Two Door Cinema Club
– My two loves combined: RAC and Two Door Cinema Club. ‘Nough said.
iT’s YoU | ZAYN
– I was never a Directioner. Okay, boo me if you want. I’m not really a boy band person. And when Zayn left 1D, I honestly did not care. I knew the kid had a great voice and a bad boy persona but how far would that get him without the other four? Pretty far, to answer my own question. Pillowtalk came out and everyone, Directioner and non alike, loved/loves/will love it. It’s just so dang catchy, and freaking Gigi Hadid is in the video. That’s enough in itself for me to follow ZAYN’s music loyally. But his newest single croons of confusion and heartbreak and I hate that I love it so much.
Home | Dan Croll
– I already did my whole spiel on Dan Croll in another post, but this song is most definitely in this month’s playlist.
Make This Leap | The Hunts
– I honestly can’t explain why I like this song so much. It might the “ooooh”-ing or the two heavy beats at the end of each line. I can’t tell, but hey, sometimes it’s okay to like something for what it is.
Can’t Get Enough Of Myself (feat. B.C) | Santigold
-I have only heard of Santigold but never listened to her music. I heard this song in a Spotify ad and I couldn’t get it out of my head so I added it to my playlist. It’s that head-bobbing tune I need for my drives that will keep me awake and energized while I belt out the chorus.
That’s it. (Fairly) short and sweet playlist for the month of March. I’m always open to music suggestions, so send them my way! Happy Thursday!